Business Development Manager - Pacific Rim - Freight Forwarding - Vancouver, BC
(under exclusive representation)
Our client has very well-established roots in Canadian business for decades and provides a full menu
of logistics services, strong relationships with sea/air carriers, and has demonstrated steady growth in Western Canada.
The opportunity exists for an experienced freight forwarding business developer to join forces with this firm as they seek
to hire a Vancouver-based BDM, to continue growing the company's
customer base throughout the West.
This is a hunter developer external sales position.
You have the sales ability, a deep network of customer contacts in the West and the desire to exercise your entrepreneurial drive
to put your stamp on the company’s growth in this region.
They want to create a partnership of synergy with an individual who is respected in the marketplace, and who
wants to join forces with a company that will both recognize and reward results,
they will provide the environment to utilize all of your business skills.
You have the experience, the confidence and the ability to excel in this role.
You may be in freight forwarding or in a steamship line, and you have strong ocean freight experience, ideally in Trans-Pacific cargo or worldwide.
- Key new business development activities throughout Western Canada
- Market research to identify profitable new revenue streams and potential customers
- Preparing rates proposals and the negotiation of service contracts
· Selling the firm's services at a profitable level
· Selling logistics solutions of all of the firm's services
· Supporting the strategic business plan of a customer focused organization
- Effectively communicate new services by identifying customer needs
You develop joint business solutions with the customer and the company's operations,
ensuring participants have a true understanding and support the proposed solution.
Experience and Qualifications:
- At least 5 years ocean freight sales experience in Western Canada
- Well-connected and possessing a respected reputation in the industry in BC
- Self-motivated, organized and able to manage a variety of business development duties successfully
- Strong entrepreneurial instincts and awareness of the marketplace and customer needs
- Seeking an environment that offers both freedom and strong support for business development
- The compensation package is negotiable and includes a strong salary, commission, auto and benefits
Please attach your resume to the email generated. The Subject line contains the position title already for you.
Email: email@example.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
KEYWORDS: transportation, freight, freight forwarding, air freight, ocean freight, trade, import, export, customs, cargo, CIFFA, CSCB, transborder, crossborder, logistics, project, analyst, pricing, tender, project cargo, heavy lift, oversized, over dimensional, breakbulk, container, shipping, Trucking, Steamship, LCL, FCL, LTL, TL, shipping, customs broker, CCS, CTCS, PLCB, LCB, Licensed Customs Broker, HVS, LVS, RMD, NAFTA, Drawbacks, Refunds, Amends, Rulings, CBSA, CBP, OGD, 3PL, B2, B3, TIB, K32, AMPS, Compliance, Audit, Remissions, Customs Specialist, Customs Consultant, Customs Manager, Customs Rater, Supply Chain, Warehousing, Bonded, Distribution, Sales, Business Development, BDM, Trade Lane, Account Executive, Sales Manager, Far East, Pacific Rim, Inventory Control, Warehousing,