Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Customs Compliance Specialist - Customs Broker - CCS
A very well-established and respected Customs Broker near the Airport area is seeking a qualified Customs
Compliance person. They provide their clients with a totally integrated logistics package that
includes a full range of cross-border customs brokerage and consulting services, international
freight forwarding, transborder logistics, distribution and warehousing.
The primary purpose of this position is to establish and/or maintain commodity databases
for a variety of importers and products.
You will be involved in a wide variety of duties that will utilize your knowledge of all Chapters of the
Customs Tariff Schedule, OGD requirements, CBSA Audits, Adjustments, AMPS. You have
developed Excel spreadsheet and database analysis skills and you are comfortable meeting with
clients face to face to discuss their needs
- Assign proper tariff classifications including end-use provisions of Chapter 99 of the HS Tariff
- Ensure compliance with OGD regulations
- Interact with clients and inter-company staff regarding technical Customs issues
- Assist clients during CBSA compliance Verification and post-audit requirements
- Organizing and updating new and existing clients databases
- Ensure data integrity of information contained in database, including information relative to customized programs.
- Perform NAFTA certificate review, including review of certificate for accuracy and provide information for customers
- Liaise with clients and operations branches for any classification and valuations issues.
- Identify areas for implementation of remissions programs, claims and/or drawbacks
Qualifications & Experience:
- CCS Designation
- 5 years of HS Tariff classification experience
- 5 years plus rating experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
- In-depth knowledge of Excel spreadsheets are a definite asset
- Organized, self-motivated, high-energy and focused on the future
- Growth and development oriented; always striving to improve
- Excellent compensation and benefits package is offered