Back To Current Positions
Telephone: (416) 865-0695 or Toll-free: 1 (866) 996-9984 Send to a friend:
Well-established international Freight Forwarder and Customs Broker in Winnipeg is looking for a person who
has several years of Rating and Releasing. They offer a competitive salary, friendly working environment
and a good salary/benefits package for this permanent position.
Send your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Rating and Releasing of all client shipments, air/truck/rail/ocean
- Classifying goods according to the HS Tariff System
- Identifies the client in our automated system and follows the remarks entered in the client’s profile.
- In the case of a broker, obtains his/her authorization and follows his/her instructions.
- Issues instructions to sub-agents to effect customs clearance for clients.
- Prepares and/or verifies the documents required for the release of goods as per the requirements of Canada Customs.
- Contacts clients, carries and shippers in order to obtain missing information and/or documents.
- Enters in the automated system the information related to the transaction for customs release, B3 preparation and invoicing.
- Matches the documents related to the transaction to be presented to Customs to obtain the release of goods.
- Prepares request for import permit for goods that are controlled or subject to quotas.
- Prepares export documentation, traces shipments.
- Replies to requests for information from clients, suppliers or government employees.
- Presents to Customs the documents required for the release of goods.
- Picks up documents from Customs including those confirming the release of goods.
- Prepares the instructions for “further to” invoices.
- Carries out any particular task or mandate assigned by her/his superior and/or Management.
- Conforms to any requirement of the Quality System and undertakes any action in order to ensure
client satisfaction and/or increase effectiveness or efficiency as a company
- The company is looking for a minimum of 2-3 years in Rating/Releasing of shipments in Customs Brokerage
- Proactive attitude in following up issues with customers, CBSA, carriers.
- Good organizational, communicational and problem solving skills.
- Eager to learn and grow; excellent communications skills
Please note: Open only to
Local Winnipeg area residents
An excellent salary and benefits program
For more information and to discuss your qualifications please call us at (416) 865-0695.
Associate Member, CIFFA, CSCB, IE Canada - Back To Current Positions Page