Back To Current Positions
Telephone: (416) 865-0695 or Toll-free: 1 (866) 996-9984 Send to a friend:
provider of freight and customs brokerage services which is recognized
for its professionalism, dedication to customer service and ability to tailor flexible solutions
for its customers.
You are currently a well-rounded customs rater with a focus in air and truck customs clearances,
possible with a smaller customs broker where you have been involved in various duties beyond
basic rating. You know how to source information, and probably have good working relationships
with CBSA officials and know hot to get things done.
You have a desire to reach your fullest potential in the industry and are looking for an opportunity
to bring your knowledge, skills and passion for excellence to a company that recognizes and rewards
This company is in the forefront of technology in the industry and have invested in state of the art
systems which benefits their clients through providing seamless transactions and efficient
clearances of their customers shipments.
Now they have created a new position of Customs Specialist which will appeal to you if you want
to be involved with a progressive-minded company that is growing even in challenging times.
If you want to take ownership of developing a strong generalist customs operation with a clear
career path for advancement in the future, our client wants to talk to you.
Call (416) 865-0695
Send your resume in confidence to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Co-ordinate and facilitate primarily air and truck customs
customs clearances through EDI / ACROSS transmissions
- Tariff classifications
- Import permits, tracking and racing of shipments
- Relevant follow-up, including surrendering bills
of lading and coordination of deliveries to customers.
- Keep up-dated with customs notices and D-memos
- Review B2-1's for payment and subsequent appeal
- Preparation of refunds and voluntary entries
- Audit and approve entries for Cadex transmission
- Review rejected entries, making necessary corrections
- Reporting to the VP, Operations
- 3 to 5 years Customs Rating and releasing
- CCS Designation welcomed
- Up to date on current border legislation initiatives
- Academic qualifications are welcomed such as Sir Sandford Flemming, other community colleges
- A teamplayer, willing to stretch themselves
- Eager, outgoing and articulate
- Self-motivated and interested in building a career
- Someone who thinks outside the box
- Someone who wants to own this role and has management potential in the future
Above average salary, plus benefits, including
pension plan and vacation
Put your career on a progressive track! All discussions are strictly
For more information and to discuss your qualifications please call us at (416) 865-0695.
Associate Member, CIFFA, CSCB, IE Canada - Back To Current Positions Page