Back To Current Positions
Telephone: (416) 865-0695 or Toll-free: 1 (866) 996-9984 Send to a friend:
Our client is a leader
in its sector of industry with multiple modes of transport for a wide variety of
The ability to organize and coordinate a large volume of shipments with full responsibility for all logistics,
freight, customs brokerage and warehousing/distribution is a significant challenge and requires a person
with extensive experience in freight, customs and logistics.
Call or email us in confidence for further details.
Call (416) 865-0695 or Toll-free: 1 (866) 996-9984
Send your resume in confidence to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gathers specific shipment details and
updates Shipment Report on a
- Consolidates all pertinent data from purchase orders and forwards shipping instructions to each
- Oversees and scrutinizes all freight documentation for completeness and accuracy.
- Communicates discrepancies to concerned parties and ensures corrections are made prior to
distribution of documents to the customs broker, forwarders and carriers.
- Accumulates all shipping details and prepares detailed delivery schedules and receiving reports for various departments .
- Checks ETA’s daily to ensure schedules are adhered to.
- Monitors and traces shipments to ensure on time delivery by contacting concerned parties, e.g. forwarders,
carriers and customs broker.
- Adheres to special requests from buyers to expedite urgent shipments.
- Sets up and arranges delivery of shipments with the local carriers and company's warehouses.
- Completes and submits export documentation to Canadian and foreign officials.
- Ensures smooth clearance and delivery to customer.
- Approves payment of ocean, air and inland freight invoices, according to carrier’s rate agreement.
- Scrutinizes any extraordinary charges and advises management of same.
- Audits forwarder’s performance and informs management of all irregularities.
- Validates broker’s invoices and entries for correct tariff classification and duty payment,
against Canada Customs Tariff.
- Rectifies discrepancies keeping a log of errors, ensuring all entries are amended.
- Submits Intent to Claim letters on shortage and/or damaged shipments.
- Forwards file to senior management for final claim; establishes and maintains accurate computer log of data.
- Completes other tasks and assignments as required by management.
· Equivalent of post-secondary education and minimum of 6 years’ experience in imports/exports in different modes;
working knowledge of Canada/US customs regulations and Letters of Credit is an asset
· Excellent computer skills in Excel and MS applications
· Strong English oral and written communication skills are essential to deal with a variety of internal and external business contacts
· Ability to work to a high degree of accuracy within tight deadlines while remaining adaptable to changing priorities
· Must be a highly logical problem solver with ability to identify and resolve freight issues
· Customer service focus with positive attitude
· Self-starter with ability to work independently with minimal supervision or co-operatively in a team environment
· Ability to multi-task and to work extended hours to meet work volume demands and deadlines is crucial
Please note: Local residents only please.
An excellent salary and benefits package is offered
For more information and to discuss your qualifications please call us at (416) 865-0695.
Associate Member, CIFFA, CSCB, IE Canada - Back To Current Positions Page